SouthWest Yarn Quest
August 17th & 18th
A fun Road Trip and Scavenger Hunt. Bring your friends and go on a Road Trip of fun. We will have fabulous yarn from Lavender Lune exclusively dyed for our 5 shops.
Donation of School Supplies
We will be donating school supplies locally at each shop, so bring some with you as you go on your Quest for Prizes and Yarn!
Shops Open at 9am both Friday & Saturday!
SouthWest Yarn Quest Rules
1. Drive Safe - Safety First
2. One Scavenger Hunt Bag per Participant
3. Pick-up Scavenger Hunt Bag at first Shop
4. Participate in as many items on the Scavenger Hunt List as you like.
5. Each Shop will provide you with a free pattern to compliment our custom dyed yarn.
6. Each shop will have a custom dyed yarn from Lavender Lune for purchase, while supplies last.
7. Have mobile phone photos ready prior to getting into line at each shop to have them verified this will keep the verification process going smoothly.
8.Each participant must have their own photos, receipts, signatures - not 1 per car.
9. You may share photos with each other and they will qualify but each person must have their own.
10. Each shop will verify items with an official shop "stamp". Verification of SW YarnQuest items will happen only on August 17th & 18th.
11. You must turn in your Scavenger Hunt List at the last shop visited to be entered in Grand Prize drawing.
12. The Grand Prize Drawing will be held on Monday, August 20th.
13. SW YarnQuest Grand Prize consists of 1-$25 gift certificate to each of the 5 participating shops.
14. Shop personnel are not eligible to win prizes.
15. No purchase necessary to receive patterns.
16. Supplies of the SW Yarn Quest Enamel pin are limited quantity and only available to those who visit each of the 5 participating shops and have their SW YarnQuest Scavenger Hunt List verified at each of the 5 shops.
Prize Entry Qualifications:
1. Complete 20 verified items on the SW YarnQuest Scavenger Hunt list and receive 2 entries into the Grand Prize Drawing
2. Complete 15 verified items on the SW YarnQuest Scavenger Hunt list and receive 1 entry into the Grand Prize Drawing
3. Visit all 5 shops in the SW YarnQuest and receive a collectable SW YarnQuest enamel pin - Must have 5 shop stamps on your list (While Supplies Last)
Wednesday, August 8th & Monday, August 13th to pick up each of the 6 sections of the pattern from the following shops:
Unwind Yarn, Needle & Skein, The Yarnery, A Sheepy Yarn & Amazing Threads.
Each shop will host a KAL event night. Our KAL Night is Wednesday, September 5th from 6-8pm.
The pattern is an exclusive pattern just for our shops, designed by Lisa Richardson from Rowan. The pattern uses Rowan's new Alpaca Classic a wonderful mix of Superfine alpaca & cotton, a 50g ball of luxury for sure.
Three Rivers Fibershed Events
Throughout the fall we will be hosting producers from the Three Rivers Fibershed. We hope you can join us in supporting our local producers.
Blue Sky Fibers Fall Retreat!
Madden's on Gull Lake October 12th-14th.
Cost: $375 for Double Occupancy, $490 for Single
Includes Meals, expert knitting support, Blue Sky Fibers Swag, Harriet & Alice Pop Up Shop, Relaxation and of course Knitting, Crocheting, Spinning...your choice.
Register: Contact Blue Sky Fibers 763-753-5815 or firstname.lastname@example.org